See the documentary FED UP



Why am I writing about this?

Weight is an issue that people often want to work on in therapy. 

How does therapy impact weight?

It doesn’t.  No one ever lost a pound in my office from talking.

However, therapy can help you make a plan, work on motivation issues, reduce stress, reduce overworking, increase self care and develop skills needed to make decisions and follow through with your plan, and other issues that may be impacting your food choices.

 Working with a therapist can help you customize a plan for you.  Sometimes a therapist will help you build a team and use a holistic approach with psychotherapy to address specific issues in your life and maybe involve a nutritionist, healthcare provider, trainer, physical therapist, books to read, movies to watch, etc.

Sometimes there are issues to address around how you support yourself to face such a big challenge.

Most people suffer from weight issues for 4 reasons:
a)    Addiction to sugar 
b)   Eating too much 
c)    Needing exercise to use food more efficiently.
      d)   You may also have a health issue, or be impacted by a medication you are taking.  Alcohol may be a factor.

But is your weight problem really YOUR problem?  I highly recommend the movie FED UP to learn the many ways your supermarket and lunchroom has been hijacked to create a mega-system that makes eating healthy difficult.

The movie FED UP has made me mad and expanded my perspective. I am angry that our government has given out lies. I am angry that our schools and stores are filled with vast amounts of horrible food. The movie is worth watching because it helps you understand how hard the food industry and government and now our schools are working against you regarding this issue.

When people come into my office suffering from weight issues I will say:
 The odds are totally stacked against all of us. I will acknowledge that you are fighting back against something that has become a powerful machine. I say people suffer from weight issues for 5 reasons.

Mostly as a therapist, I work with the mind-body-spirit connection. The mind body and spirit are completely impacted by food, exercise, rest, relaxation, relationships, etc.  I work with these issues all the time, even though no one has a lost a pound from talking.

People lose weight because they work very hard to fight against the insane food industry.

To learn more or see the movie visit  FEDUPMOVIE.com